To be involved through life's journey with any art form is fascinating, revealing and often challenging. Its complexity and simultaneous profound simplicity opens many doors of perception. Art has led me in the direction of developing my heart. With the focus on love and kindness all aspects of life can be transformed.
It is the closeness to nature that is fundamental to my work. Nothing can be forced, everything has to evolve. To this end, whether creating a wooden sculpture, making an artwork to mark a moment or analysing how people interact with each other, the feeling for the untainted flow of a piece is always of supreme importance.
When studying the community, its structure, the relationships of its occupants and the role of the individual within the community, it became clear that we all inter-connected and inter-dependent. With this in mind the most obvious way forward is to express kindness and compassion, as the consequences of our actions will have a lasting effect on this and future generations.
A small selection of exhibitions I have been involved with:
- September - October 2016 - 'Between the lines', The Senedd, Cardiff Bay.
- April-May 2013 - 'Between the Lines', Art Central, Barry.
- May 2012 - 'Between the Lines', The Senedd, Cardiff Bay.
- June 2012 - 'Between the lines', The Pierhead, Cardiff Bay.
- October 2008 - The Great Completeness, The Gate Arts Centre, Cardiff
- July 2007 - Fragments, Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea
- May 2007 - Journey Through Intimacy, The Gate Arts Centre, Cardiff.
- May 2006 - Fragments, St David's Hall, Cardiff
- 2010 October - The United Society Of Artists 89th Annual Open Exhibition Morley Gallery, Westminster Bridge Road, London.
- 2009 October - The United Society Of Artists 88th Annual Open Exhibition, Morley Gallery, Westminster Bridge Road, London.
- 2008 October - The United Society Of Artists 87th Annual Open Exhibition, Morley Gallery, Westminster Bridge Road, London.
- 2008 February/March Welsh Artists Exhibition, S.Maria in Montesanto, Piazza del Popolo, Rome.
- 2006 Opening exhibition for The Town Hall Gallery, Barry.
- 2003 Welsh Artist of the Year Exhibition, St David's Hall, Cardiff.
- 2002 Welsh Artist of the Year Exhibition, St David's Hall, Cardiff
- 2000 Gallery Artico, Monmouth.
- 2000 Voga Group, St Donats Art Centre.
- 1998 Voga Group, Oriel Washington Gallery, Penarth.
- 1998 European Summit Exhibition, City Hall, Cardiff.
- 1996 Oriel Gallery, Princes Street , Regents Park, London.
- 1992 Euro - Wales 92 Group. Third Wave Gallery, Cardiff.
- 1992 Cardiff International Festival, Cardiff.
- 2008 Most outstanding use of acrylic painting in show - The United Society of Artists 87th Annual Open Exhibition, Morley Gallery, Westminster Bridge Road, London.
To view a short film of Glyn Pooley please click below.